Question about Weller AG700 soldering station

Hi all,

could somebody who owns, or has access to, a Weller AG700 hot air soldering station please get in touch?

Thanks a lot

Frank

Reply to
Frank

I know. I just did not want to clog the group with issues that only someone can resolve who has access to said soldering station :-)

My question is how the LED in this soldering station behaves while the AG700 is heating up. In all Weller stations I have worked with so far, the LED either was always on, always off or blinking regularely, depending on whether the station was currently heating up or not. The station I have in mind does not show any such behavior. Instead, it flickers fast and irregularely all the time, regardless of whether the station was just switched on or has been on for an hour. Moreover, I have the impression that the hot air isn't hot enough, I can just barely remove even the tinyest components in the 500 degrees setting.

I'm looking for someone who can check his one AG700 or have a quick look in the manual to find out if this flickering is normal or not. I just bought this station, so I have no idea of whether it is always that way.

Thanks a lot

Frank

Reply to
Frank

It's easier to post your question about it here, so someone may be able to help even if they've heard about the problem or question, or if they have any advice which may be helpful.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

Frank -

I have seen this behavior with other Weller solder station products (flicker) .. if you adjust the temperature control ever so slightly up and down -- it sometimes stops this behavior. I have usually traced this to the TRIAC and temperature sensor - I have one on the bench backlog that has this (works okay - but not great) .. will first change iron, if same then look to changeout TRIAC on control board.

gb

Reply to
gb