PV Delta Blues 210, cab mod

No physical protection to too easily breaking the exposed glass bottles

I intend drilling to half depth, holes in the cab either side. Then some steel studding of length of the internal cab width plus one hole depth. Some silicone sleeve over that (could be heatshrink tube) , just to disguise the threading, then a nut on either end. When in place , wind out the nuts , to engage with the cab, then some nail varnish as threadlock. Any other ideas I might consider?

Reply to
N_Cook

As the studding will bend a bit over that length and no proper end anchors, I'll add a brace to a subverted chassis fixing screw. 90 degree twist to that piece of hardware shop bracing strip , one hole opened out to pass the studding to near midway of the stud length and another pair of nuts either side. I could then increase the length of the studding rod a bit, so it will bow outward, and stay in position, to increase the freeboard to the bottles.

Reply to
N_Cook

** Most of these have a steel cage covering the valves:

** I wouldn't be considering using that one, IME threaded rods that long are far too easily bent to provide any useful protection. Much better is a piece of wood (not particle board) about 8 cm wide and 1cm thick fitted from side to side and held by a pair of screws driven into each end from the outside of the cabinet.

Painting it black is optional.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

6mm studding, cut to 545mm long. I decided to angle the anchor holes, to also bow out the rod. 56mm between holes of the steel brace, twisted 90 deg along it and about 60 degree bend across it at the chassis end. Quite an easy job. I'd hate to think how much of a workup it would be drilling holes in this stainless steel chassis , let alon hank shanks inside. No fixing holes in the cab ,either, for a part back board.
Reply to
N_Cook

Ignore the studding, it did not look right.

1x1 inch L section blacked aluminium, ends cut down to lodge into the cab edges, 1 CSK woodscrew each end
Reply to
N_Cook