Proview 900W LCD Monitor

hey, I've got an LCD monitor here(as mentioned in the subject, it's a Proview 900W) when I hook it up after it's been unplugged for a long time, it works just fine for a few minutes. anyway, what happens is. after a bit, it randomly shuts off. it won't turn back on. and what I mean is, it loses power completely. no LED's lit, nothing. if you remove the power cable, and plug it back in, the monitor turns on, and shows the desktop for a brief moment, then shuts off again. any clues?

Reply to
kronflux

Sounds like the Dick Smith monitor I had, which was a Proview. After a while, I had to turn it on 10 times + for the thing to turn on.

Its a known issue with Proview monitors (after a while, one of the components to do with the power fails), and thats what happens

I rang to ask about spare parts, but there were none in stock. So, I biffed it, and brought a Viewsonic

Reply to
Paul

I would check the electrolytic capacitors in the PSU section first. The last Proview\\DSE I opened had the dreaded Fuhjyyu in it... Wouldn't be surprised if they were the or at least a part of the problem.

If you want more information head over to the forums on badcaps.net, someone there should be able to help you

Reply to
Agent24