Problem with the Hiteker HE 1920 dvd player

Hi

I have a Hiteker 1920

dvd player.

All of a sudden, the player has stopped playing video cds (VCDs) while it is playing DVDs just fine.

I have tried to use the firmware upgrade provided by the manufacturer at the site, but the player is refusing to accept the upgrade... i insert the upgrade cd in the drive and get a "bad cd" error message.

I was wondering if anyone could advise me on

- whether the onefirmwareforall could be tried on the player - what are the downsides? could i possibly end up with a brain dead player?

- i have been using nero to "burn image" the upgrade on a cd using "write track-at-once" and "finalize-disk" settings. am i doing something wrong?

- is there any special key combination to be used to tell the player to pick up the upgrade?

would appreciate any help. if possible, please cc your reply to snipped-for-privacy@agni.org as well.

thanx

harpreet giani

Reply to