Problem connecting Philips TV to Philips Sound System via HDMI

Hi

Having read the magazines for a couple of months, decided what I wanted to buy and then found none of them will be in the shops till 2020 or somesuch, :-( I eventually bought a Philips 32PF 9830 TV and HTS 6510 sound system today and connected them via HDMI.

I expected to be able to upscale the DVD picture automatically, but when I set the TV to higher than normal I get a great quality picture (i.e, looks like HD) over the 3/4 of the right hand side but blank screen on the left. I'm going to be attaching Sky Digital to the HDMI input anyway so how can I connect them so I get the upscaled picture from DVDs? I tried all the settings I could find but suspect I need to connect via the YPbR but would like to know for certain before I spplash out on the necessary cabling.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

David

Reply to
Uncle Dave

Uncle Dave

Those of us in N America probably can't figure out what you are doing.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

I guess you would have to have a different system eh? I noticed repllies on here from Belgium and Holland so I hoped somebody from Philips might read the group. Oh well, I'll just have to enter the submit form - wait for friggin' ever for a reply - loop :-(

Cheers

David

Reply to
Uncle Dave

Too bad. Philips used to be THE company for all things electronic and a great deal of support for them.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson