PowerWare 9110 UPS schematic??

I have this UPS that had dead batteries, so I put in fresh new one's all charged up. I plugged it in and red ALARM led lights up, the fan turns on and batteries are being charged up, but it will not turn on, nothing comes out of the outlets. All fuses are OK, nothing appears to be burned.

Anyone got any idea of what to do next or anyone have schematic?

-Jan Finland

Jack

batteries

A "factory reset" required ?

Reply to
N_Cook

How can I do that?

-Jan

Jack

Do you have a manual for this unit? My PowerWare UPS has a specific startup sequence that must be followed to power it up. Otherwise it just charges the batteries and waits.

Also check Eaton's customer support pages. They (Eaton) provide excellent support, though you may have to register the unit to get specific answers to your questions.

Also, do you have a computer connected to it (if it supports a computer interface)? is that giving any info?

Reply to
PeterD

No, I do not have manual for it and I have not been able to find one with Google. I sent e-mail to Eaton's technical support without success. Eaton's pages or search do not have any info on the 9110 -series UPS.

-Jan

Jack

Can you post a picture of the unit?

Reply to
PeterD

Google returns a number of hits for manuals. This unit seems to be export only for Asia.

With the unit powered up, press and hold the power on switch/button for about 5 seconds, and see if that powers it on.

Reply to
PeterD

Just a possible line of thought. I noted that you posted this enquiry in a range of forums and in one you indicated what the terminal voltage rose to when the UPS commenced charging the fully charged batteries.

Which capacity 9110 is it - 700VA/1000VA/???

Did you remove the old/dead batteries? Did they fit the compartment properly?

The reason I ask is that the 1000VA is a 36V unit apparently, while the 700VA is reported as 24V by some sources yet 36V in a Chinese manual. Clearly putting a 24V bank into a 36V unit would result in some kind of complaint, and what you are seeing is a likely behaviour. Can you measure the unit's charging voltage on open circuit (or on the dead batteries)?

Reply to
who where

Found the problem!

Someone (probably when cleaning the unit) had flipped the flat cable running to the control panel 180 deg.! Another words, no.1 pin was not no.1. pin anymore! The flat cable connector is keyed in one end, but not in the control panel end. I flipped the cable around and now it works fine.

Thanks for everyone that gave their help!

-Jan

Jack