Polaroid TLX-04011C vertical stripe

This set has a dim vertical bar about 4 inches wide just to the right of center screen. There is a normal full color picture otherwise but this "bar" is a bit dimmer than the rest of the screen, and so its noticible. The strange thing is though depending upon the scene sometimes you don't notice it at all and at other times it seems quite prominent. At times you can notice smears of red going through this area as well. The customer says he did a search on this thing and seems to think it needs a "capacitor". But then sometimes they tell me its the switch when it won't turn on too. I looked but found nothing that really seems to pertain to this problem exectly. Does anyone have any experience with this problem on this set? Thanks, Lenny

Reply to
klem kedidelhopper

Is this a sharply deliniated bar, indicating a problem with columns of pixels, or do the edges gradually merge into the 'good' area. A sharp edged column would indicate a problem either with a column driver in the LCD panel itself (not repairable), or the t-con board (usually replaceable).

A dimmer column with no sharp edges could indicate a backlight problem.

As far as the customer's suggestion, while it is unlikely, this wouldn't be the first time some very strange symptoms resulted from a marginal capacitor.

PlainBill

Reply to
PlainBill47

The edges are sharply defined however the "column" is slightly somewhat dimmer than the rest of the picture. That's what makes it noticeable I guess. How do you rule out /in a t con board? I did try cleaning the cable but it made no difference.Thanks, Lenny

Reply to
klem kedidelhopper

The only way to evaluate the t-con board is by replacement with a known good one. Because of the way the drivers are arranged, this is most likely due to a bad driver IC.

PlainBill

Reply to
PlainBill47

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 05:38:55 -0700 (PDT), klem kedidelhopper put finger to keyboard and composed:

Scope the driver outputs?

Interchange the suspect driver with an another on the same card?

What are the part numbers of the driver ICs? Some ICs can be purchased separately.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar