Plugs but no jacks

Everybody sells 3.5mm plugs but nobody sells 3.5mm jack that you can mount and solder wires to. Is there a source? Most dealers don't even know the difference.

--
All is as it is.
Reply to

Search on "stereo headphone jack pcb" on eBay. You will find plenty of people selling them "buy it now" (outright sale, not an auction).

In my experience the vendors from Hong Kong that include the postage in the price sell decent quality and ship via registered mail.

Still it pays to look carefully at what is being sold, there are all kinds of quality, mounting options, etc.

If you are in the US or UK, you might want to try Farnell. Farnell sells almost everywhere in the world, but they have $35 mininum SHIPPING CHARGE in some places. They sell many grades of quality, none are the out of spec junk sold at DIY stores, flea markets, etc.

Note that shipping from EU countries (including the UK) is relatively cheap and reliable. Shipping from the US to other countries is slow and unreliable.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.

The magic Google buzz word is "3.5mm panel mount jack". For example:

You'll also need to specify 2, 3, or 4 (iPhone) conductors.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

It's likely that the naming of the jack is different when listed by different suppliers. You don't say where you're located, or where you've tried to find them.

In the U.S. that Shack store sells them.. I've bought both the 1/8" mini (3.5mm) and the 3/32" submini (2.4?mm) sizes there in recent months.

The two styles of 1/8" size stereo phone jacks are p/n 274-0246 and 274-0249 (they might also have mono jacks).

The jacks can be described various ways..

Mini phone jack (not related to telephone) Phone jack Headphone/headset jack Earphone jack Audio jack, mini audio jack

1/8" mini jack Mini TRS jack (stereo)

-- Cheers, WB .............

Reply to
Wild_Bill

Fuddy Dud Inscribed thus:

Salvage some from old modems or PC sound cards !

--
Best Regards:
                Baron.

Wow. I'm still getting them from radios and portable tvs. I'm 3 ahead now of the number I've used.

Reply to
mm

I see Schurter also makes inline jacks, which I haven't seen IRL for years and years.

Reply to
spamtrap1888

mm Inscribed thus:

I've tins full of salvaged parts... The sad thing is that most if not all of them will end up being thrown away as rubbish ! Probably by my children after I pass on. :-(

--
Best Regards:
                          Baron.