Plasma X- and Y-drive confusion

Looking in the service manual for ViewSonic VPW-505, 50-inch plasma TV, these PCB descriptions are listed in the parts list:

X-center-bottom X-center-top X-left-bottom X-left-top X-right-bottom X-right-top Y-drv-bottom Y-drv-top

These descriptions seem to me to be wrong. Last time I cracked open a trigonometry book, X was horizontal axis, Y was vertical.

The screen on this particular unit has problems (vertical bars) in the upper middle section which would indicate "center-top". But that is a "Y" control function, not "X".

Shouldn't the PCB descriptions be transposed re. "X" and "Y"? Or do I have my alphabet all mixed up...?

Haven't yet torn into the TV, but I'd like to identify which board is which function (and check availabilities) before removing "screw 1".

Thanks,

--
DaveC
me@bogusdomain.net