Physics Teacher MELTS Back of Car With Solar Oven

Here's Why You Shouldn't Leave a Giant Parabolic Mirror in Your Car on a Sunny Day Gizmodo - July 25, 2018

======================================= San Francisco School Teacher MELTS The Rear Of His Subaru After Leaving Homemade Solar Oven In The Trunk. Daily Mail - July 25, 2018

bruce2bowser

When my son was in HS they had a solar day. I had a Large Fresnel lens in a frame and took it to the school, and set it up with all the other cookers. I was melting pennies making the teacher very nervous! Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Did you try a nickel or a dime?

Reply to
bruce2bowser

I'm to frugal for that! No, not that I recall, just Zinc pennies.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx