Phone noise in noise canceling headphone

I get the classic "woodpecker" sound when I connect my noise-cancelling headset to my phone.

What can I do to kill that noise?

Ferrite beads or rings?

Tinfoil around the electronics blob on the cable?

--
Husk kørelys bagpå, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske
beslutning at undlade det.

eadset to my phone. What can I do to kill that noise? Ferrite beads or ring s? Tinfoil around the electronics blob on the cable? -- Husk kørelys bagp å, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske beslutning at undlade de t.

How do you connect the headphones to your telephone? Are the impedances r easonably matched? Is thre any acoustic feedback from the headphones into the microphone of the telephone?

Reply to
hrhofmann

Switch to Verizon ?

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I assume a mini-headphone jack plugged into the headphone outlet on the phone is the right way to do it, and the impedance is probably reasonably too. :-)

I am not talking about using the headset for "phoning", only for listening to podcast/music while commuting publicly, so the microphone on the telephone are not in business.

Leif

--
Husk kørelys bagpå, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske
beslutning at undlade det.
Reply to
Leif Neland

If I do, will the phone still make the noise when trying to connect to a carrier on another continent? I'm in Denmark. Europe, you know :-)

Leif

--
Husk kørelys bagpå, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske
beslutning at undlade det.
Reply to
Leif Neland

eadset to my phone. What can I do to kill that noise? Ferrite beads or ring s? Tinfoil around the electronics blob on the cable? -- Husk kørelys bagp å, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske beslutning at undlade de t.

I am not familiar with the "classic woodpecker" sound, can you please descr ibe it? I am assuming that if you just listen to the music on the telephone instrum ent you do not get any noise?? When you are listening just on the telephon e, is it live - being downloaded as you listen, or is it music that you hav e previously downloaded to the telephone?

Reply to
hrhofmann

Sounds like a cell phone, and you're posting from a .dk domain

The problem is probably the rediculous pulses GSM phones send out.

This not a problem with the properly designed CDMA system.

Is this the sound you're hearing?

Cydrome Leader

You are right. I can on my phone select

  • GSM/WCDMA (automatically)
  • GSM only
  • WCDMA only

I'll try WCDMA only next time.

Leif

--
Husk kørelys bagpå, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske
beslutning at undlade det.
Reply to
Leif Neland

It is the GSM noise cydrome references:

I do not get the noise when listening on the cellphobes speakers (But my fellow commuters would probably complain).

I only gets the noise on the headphones when the active noise-canceling electronics is turned on, not when it is turned off and it is working like a regular headset.

Leif

--
Husk kørelys bagpå, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske
beslutning at undlade det.
Reply to
Leif Neland

I get that noise over CDs I rip onto iTunes on my MacBook Pro. It comes and goes as the recording is progressing. It is incredibly annoying when you r ecord 20-30 CDs and then have to listen IN REAL TIME to all of them to see which are affected to re-record them and hope the clicking doesn't recur!

It should be possible to design a noise detection system similar to the SAE impulse noise reduction system which recognises scratches on LPs but a bet ter way should be to figure out which bit of the computer needs better shie lding. I don't get the noise when I record the CD with the phone AWAY from the computer, eg charging in another room.

(sorry if this is a bit OT: I have a half dozen pairs of noise reduction ca ns and have never had this problem with any of them)

Reply to
Amanda Riphnykhazova

As every Part 15 advisory on every thing with an oscillator in it says, if problems are encountered increase the distance between the devices.

Reply to
dave