Phillips TV power problem

Hi, not sure if you can help me. I have a phillips widescreen tv, the model number is 32PW9618/05. I sent it to a repair shop last year. They said it couldn't be fixed and arranged to deliver it back to me. This was over a year ago. When I recently called them to say I wanted my TV back repaired or not, they said it was mended. They originally said every time they repaired it the same thing happend. Anyway the problem is this. I plug it in, and the red light comes on, I press a channel key and it starts up, then before the picture comes up, it switches off and the blue standby light flashes. How do I get it repaired or can I do it myself, I have a fair bit of electronic knowledge as I used to work for a company making testing equipment.

Reply to
djspider40

Not sure I got it. They said the 'mended' it? Did they 'unmend' it and give it back to you? I tried to find that model in the Phillips Force program but it didn't come up. Can you look at the back tag and give a 'chassis model number' ? There are certain versions that have horizontal drive problems that can be resolved with upgraded parts. Also, if it uses an LG/Phillips crt, they're known for having G2 or second grid shorts that will cause that same symptom. Either way, they're 'mendable' and these guys shouldn't have had for a year. Post the chassis number and I'll see if I have anything on it.

Tech Data

Hi the only number is the 32PW9618 number. I will have a look tonight if there are any other numbers. I looked it up on the phillips site and it showed this page

Can't find any more info.

HTH

Reply to
djspider40

Well, that explains why I couldn't find any info on it, it's European. Sorry. But, being a 100hz hi definition, it's still a crt display and that G2 problem is still a possibilty. Past that, I'm not going to be able to get any information for you. Sorry.

Tech Data

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com ha escrito:

EM6E AA chassis. try eserviceinfo.com for tips and schematics regards,

-B-