Philips 28" Widescreen TV fault - flashing red light - 28PW6615/05

Hi,

I have the following model of television :- Philips 28" Widescreen TV - 28PW6615/05

It has suddenly exhibited a fault whereby the 'status' / power indicator LED blinks red on off (approx. equal mark:space ratio), and the tube no longer powers up.

In normal operation, when plugging into the mains the light goes solid red -> amber -> green, and goes solid red when put into standby.

Is this a known problem with this / other models? Does anyone know where I may be able to acquire a circuit diagram?

I know it's probably B.E.R., but I resent partaking in the consumer throw-away society wherever possible... any assistance gratefully received.

Replies preferably via email, please ;-) (reply-to *is* valid)

Many thanks,

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Fraser