Philips 107X43: FCC ID: A3KM112 (Left & Right Sides are bowed)

After room window glazing installation,probably dust entered while cleaning dust from top of monitor.First picture became concave inside from right and left,which sometimes restored by pushing light hand pressure on top. Later it totally stopped showing rectangular screen,so I opened body,but it was worst,only white screen. I changed fuse behind power supply plug,it restored to previous state.Any idea where is wrong?How can I manage to repair it in my home myself? I read some similar problem but not sure it's exactly same for my case:

Excessive width/pincushioning problems This would mean that the left and right sides of the picture are 'bowed' and the screen looks something like the diagram below (or the opposite - barrel distortion). However, the obvious symptoms may just be excess width as the curved sides may be cut off by the CRT bezel.

Thanks

Reply to
Thaqalain

Thaqalain: "room window glazing dust" entering the monitor as you described has absolutely NOTHING to do with the failures you are seeing.... also if the fuse was blown the monitor would not even turn on so it is doubtful that changing the fuse fixed anything unless it was blown..... was it blown? Unless you can make the front panel"user" geometry adjustments that will correct the pincushion distortion there is nothing you can fix inside without some basic experience, test equipment and electronics knowledge. You may want to search the website for this newsgroup at

.... lots of useful troubleshooting and repair information there.... along with very important SAFETY information that will help you to stay away from the lethal and dangerous electrical shock hazards inside your monitor. electricitym . .

Thaqala> After room window glazing installation,probably dust entered while

Reply to
electricitym

Bad solder connections in the E/W section.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

   Maarten Bakker.
Reply to
maarten

I don't remember exactly but probably I turned some kobds on CRT panels:Focussing, G2 @base to check any improvement. Screen became white,later it restored to previous shape after replacing fuse(Picture was curved inside @middel portion on right & left side). Where and how can I repair EW soldering connections in home.

Reply to
Thaqalain

You have to pull out the board and check the solder side for bad connections in the vicinity of the high-voltage/horizontal deflection/ew-correction circuits. If you don't know what I mean, you should leave the repair of this fine monitor to someone who does understand. If you are serious about learning repairs, check

Those Philips monitors are of good quality, and when properly repaired can last for some more years.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

   Maarten Bakker.
Reply to
maarten

I have used heavy blow of baby blanket to clean dust from top of monitor,this may have break down solder joints undeside PCBs,not sure.

Reply to
Thaqalain

Thaqalain ha escrito:

....Then you are clearly out of your depth here and ought to get this unit to a tech before you a) make it worse or b) kill yourself. The inside of a TV is no place for the non-technical to go diddling about. For a knowledgeable person this should be a quick and a simple repair. good luck, Ben

I kept it as a standbye monitor on table ,whenever I used it after weeks /month period ,it performed very well for half day,but I think as it get suitable heat/rising temperature it went back to previous curved shape(inside @ middle depth).

Reply to
Thaqalain

Can u give me the part number to reach for solder repair.

Reply to
Thaqalain