pensonic cd player spins twice then stop

hi,

i had cleaned my cd player for dust and also gears were cleaned. This requires disassembling the gear from the pickup component. After assembling it, the player couldnt' read disc. I tried to place the pickup away from the center before powering up. After turning on, it moves to track 0. I am not sure if it attempts to focus. It spins twice then stop. Nothing happens. There is an adjustment in the pickup assembly at the bottom and i already fiddled with that one. I think that contributes to the problem but as far as i know, i have set it back to its original position. Can you please give suggestions on how to fix this cd player. I have a knowledge in electronics. Thanks in advance for replies.

ian

Reply to
yhan

You may have damaged one of the ribbon cables, or made something very far off alignment. To align back a CD is not something that is easy to do, unless properly equipped, and have the service information.

--

JANA _____

i had cleaned my cd player for dust and also gears were cleaned. This requires disassembling the gear from the pickup component. After assembling it, the player couldnt' read disc. I tried to place the pickup away from the center before powering up. After turning on, it moves to track 0. I am not sure if it attempts to focus. It spins twice then stop. Nothing happens. There is an adjustment in the pickup assembly at the bottom and i already fiddled with that one. I think that contributes to the problem but as far as i know, i have set it back to its original position. Can you please give suggestions on how to fix this cd player. I have a knowledge in electronics. Thanks in advance for replies.

ian

Reply to
JANA

Fiddling with that pot is a strict no-no. It sets the laser output power. Laser diodes are delicate, and are very easily destroyed by being over-currented. I only know of one manufacturer that has setting this pot as part of the setup procedure for their players, and that is Pioneer. They have proper testpoints, and a proper procedure for carrying out the adjustment. Whatever the original problem was, by random twiddling of this pot, you have probably compounded the player's troubles.

As you have a ' knowledge in electronics ', I'm surprised that you started messing with pots that you did not know the exact function of, and I'm interested to know the thinking behind "I cleaned it, it didn't work any more, so I found a random pot and gave it a random twiddle".

Sorry to be so negative, but you do not really give enough info for any of us to be able to help, anyway. For instance, model number ? What were the symptoms before you started ? Does the laser burn ? Does it attempt to obtain focus ? If so, does it achieve it ? and so on ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily