PbF failure of 20mm fuse ?

How to determine whether tinpest layer round an end of the filament or a physical break?, just durious as to failure mode. 200mm F type. Breaking the glass is likely to disrupt the failure situation. Filament seems to be in proper place , diagonal along the visible part of the tube and no observable movement on normal handling. No circuit failure to have caused long term aging stress failure of the filament at one end. I've not tried 500V/1000V insulation test (could perhaps marginally "weld" the failure) but DVM-R >30M

Reply to
N_Cook

This fuse in one LED line of the 3 RGB lines of a DMX lamp. Tried the fuse on 500V insulation tester with 10M in line and >500M ohm measured

Reply to
N_Cook

Set fuse in an open frame fuse holder. Ground into the glass until it cracked. Could insert a needle in there and o/c in both directions. One end broken , whether by me , unknown, other end fixed in. Crush the glass in preset mole-grips and then I decided to prize out the caps from the holder with a blade and the one with the still captive filament went flying across the room

Reply to
N_Cook