Parts availability laws.

Is there a parts availability law in Canada??

Parts Availability Laws

Can your item be repaired? If parts are required, are they available to a servicer? In some states, the answer may be "no."

Does your state have a law governing the availability of parts? Here are the states with such laws:

California:

7 years after date of manufacture for goods with a wholesale value of $100 or more, 3 years for items valued at $50 to $99.99. This law covers functional parts only.

Connecticut:

4 years after the date of final sale.

Indiana:

7 years after the date of final sale.

Rhode Island:

4 years after final sale.

New Hampshire: For goods valued at over $100, parts and service info for the period of time covered by the warranty.

Reply to
Dani

"Dani" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@16g2000cwy.googlegroups.com:

Tektronix does not follow any of the above states law on parts availability,if those are truly law.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Yeah - I think "parts availability laws" are mostly urban legend. Especially in recent years with everything being made in China or whatever. Often there aren't even any arrangements made for parts or service when something is imported. They can just replace it if under warranty, otherwise you're on your own. That's my experience, anyway.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

And the crap that is returned to them they resell on in pallet loads where it all winds up on eBay. "As is" or "I didn't have time to check if it works" are eBay phrases which mean "If you buy it you're boned".

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Often yes, however I've ebayed plenty of things as-is that I just didn't feel were worth my time to hook up and check out thoroughly.

Reply to
James Sweet