Parts assist: microswitch Zippy DW-N2S-01A0F-Z

My buddy has an older Mercedes convertible and he needs a microswitch for the convertible top control.

I found a couple of companies in Germany that have them, a couple on ebay (Germany), but no one ships to the U.S. and I have been unable to locate one here on this continent.

This switch has two, well, t*ts that physically hold it in place, so he's not happy about adapting something else as it took some maneuvering to get it out.

Anyone have a lead to one that I can get shipped to this third world nation?

Thanks.

Reply to
John-Del

One of the companies in Germany responded to my inquiry as to whether they ship to the U.S. and their reply said they stopped shipping to the U.S. (territories) and Canada in 1991 due to "product liability". Thanks asshole lawyers..

Reply to
John-Del

Would any one of our Euro friends be willing to act as an intermediary for John-Del?

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

=gateway&sr=8-23

r=8-29-spons&psc=1

I know you are not into adaptation - but these may be close enough to fit s uch that all you will need to do is adapt the connectors. On the other hand , I am frankly astounded that Mercedes does not have, or cannot get the par t directly. did you ask?

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

The OP might want to look at:

I use shipito.com for companies in the US that won't ship to Canada for similar reasons.

John :-#)#

                      John's Jukes Ltd.
          (604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
                      www.flippers.com
John Robertson

Did you try Farnell or Radiospares ?

Reply to
Look165

=gateway&sr=8-23

4

y&sr=8-29-spons&psc=1

such that all you will need to do is adapt the connectors. On the other ha nd, I am frankly astounded that Mercedes does not have, or cannot get the p art directly. did you ask?

I LOVE adaptation. I just built a projection lamp out of an old Philco loc tal tube base and a halogen EZK lamp for a good customer.

This isn't my project though Peter. My buddy is a mechanic found the bad s witch. He told me it's in a tight place, and I have a feeling that if it's not in the right spot or if the lever is a different length or actuates at a different point in the lever's throw, it may change the limit of one of the actuators. So first choice is the original switch.

I don't know if Mercedes has any or can order them, if they're discontinued , or would take some time to research. My buddy wanted to get at least thr ee just in case others in the system (he said there were like 5 or 6) were bad now or would fail in the future. I was able to pin the exact switch do wn in a few minutes but ran into the shipping issue.

Thanks for looking.

Reply to
John-Del

Did you try this ?

Look165

Only 1576 left, better hurry @ $4.41USD each!

John :-#)#

Rcnedq

Reply to
John Robertson

Hi John,

Being an old car hobbyist, you could actually try your local Mercedes dealer. It will likely be 5 to 10 times the price, but you'll be sure to have a part that fits purchased in the US.

Best regards, Tim

Reply to
Tim Schwartz

Hi John,

Being an old car hobbyist, you could actually try your local Mercedes dealer. It will likely be 5 to 10 times the price, but you'll be sure to have a part that fits purchased in the US.

Best regards, Tim

Reply to
Tim Schwartz

I can't use that one because it's reversed.. BUT, the same company does hav e the correct orientation:

0F-Z&x=27&y=23

So I'll order from them.

Thanks for the lead.

or the convertible top control.

ay (Germany), but no one ships to the U.S. and I have been unable to locate one here on this continent.

's not happy about adapting something else as it took some maneuvering to g et it out.

tion?

edq

Reply to
John-Del