Panasonic TV model CT36SX12F blows fuse with degausing coils plugged in.

The 6.3 amp fuse was open. I replaced it with a 4.0 amp just for test purposes. The degaussing coils happened to be unplugged at the time so that I could get the chassis out for inspection and the set came on fine. I then plugged the coils in and tried it. There was a loud hum from the coils and the fuse lit up and opened. It seems that I recall a certain series of set that had a problem with the degauss thermistors. Can't remember if it was Panasonic or someone else's though. I haven't got a 6.3 amp fuse but I'm pretty sure judging by the way the 4.0 amp lit up the 6.3 would probably not last either. Is anyone familiar with this problem who can possibly elaborate on it further? Thanks for any help. Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

Reply to
captainvideo462002

The L&R of degauss coils is too low to have much effect, so the problem must be the series thermistor. If its your own set, leaving the coils unplugged is a pretty simple solution in most cases.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 13:18:46 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Has Frothed:

Remove the thermistor, plug the coil back in, replace the fuse and see what happens.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

Lenny ...Replace the Thermistor ( just in case ) and put in a SLOW BLOW fuse. That will fix it. kip

Reply to
kip

Reply to
Art