Panasonic PT-47WX53 HD Projection TV problems

I bought one of these guys about 2 years ago and it has been fine up until this point. Just recently the red component looks awefully strong (screens without any input, which are normally completely black, show up redish). I've tried going back to the default settings which always worked fine to no avail. I've also tried adjusting the tint but the picture just looks plain bad... any ideas what might be causing this -- should something like this be happening 2 year after I bought it?

Reply to
jheathco

The master must know if you have adjusted the screens... as in screen voltage?

Reply to
jwhmca

How would this be done? I don't see any options for it on the TV itself... I've tried tint, color, brightness, etc. It is definitely more apparent when I adjust the brightness. How would I adjust the screen voltage (the color is set at 'cool' at the moment).

Reply to
jheathco

You don't think this could be a degauss problem? I notice that the red gets deeper the longer the set is on. Would opening the set and adjusting these physical controls put me in a position where I could be accessing the high voltages (kV's) and put myself in danger, or is that most likely deeper within the set? Thanks

Reply to
jheathco

Projection TV's do not use degaussing circuitry....yes the area that has these controls contains a feed that is typically 4-6KV

Looking at my notes on this set , there is some circuitry mods that may have to be done to fix this correctly.

A tweak of the screen/G2 controls is more than likely a band-aid fix and not a long term , solid fix.

I would contact a Panasonic ASC or at least a reputable shop that has access to Panasonics tech site for ASC bulletins pertaining to you model & problem (

========================== Jeff Stielau Shoreline Electronics Repair

344 East Main Street Clinton,CT 06413 860-399-1861 860-664-3535 (fax) snipped-for-privacy@snet.net ========================
Reply to
Shoreline Electronics