panasonic plasma tv problem

Hi I have Panasonic plasma tv model TH42PM50U.it's turn on working like a 2 minutes then shuts off with 4 times blinks.I checked its says SOS Power P.I think P means power supply board.Am I right?I checked all caps by ESR meter and they all looks fine.Check the board for broken solder connections.What else do I need to check?Thanks

Reply to
max

It is very possible that there are other components on one of the other boards that are causing the power supply to go to protect mode or to shut down depending on the exact circumsances. The problem may not necessarily be a capacitor. I have seen semi conductor's and others become thermo sensitive. I must agree that caps are usually the leading failure in most cases.

Because you are indicating a time line to when the failure takes place, I would be looking more for a thermo fault rather than a streight out failure. If the set works properly when you first turn it on, then using an ESR meter on caps while they are cooled down from not having operation, their ESR would most likely measure to be in specs while not operating. Try heating each of the caps with a heat gun while under test with the ESR meter.

Normally these sets are serviced by board swapping just like when servicing a computer. Troubleshooting the boards in these TV sets could be very complicated, very time consuming, and very costly. In your case, maybe you will be lucky and find a few bad caps and things will work out okay for you.

Jerry G.

Reply to
Jerry G.

Check for a service manual with voltages, test points, error codes.

Reply to
Meat Plow