Panasonic microwave oven model:NN-S561BF

Panasonic 1200 watt microwave oven model:NN-S561BF,year:May 2001.When trying to heat foods the unit runs for 5-10 seconds then stops,I don't sense any heat.Anyone have any common repair tips? as I have stopped repairing microwave ovens along time ago as most of the ones I came across had defective flyback transformers I meant magnetrons.

Sidney Dartmouth,Nova Scotia Canada

Reply to
sidneybek

that microwave uses an inverter board that may need to be serviced check the following DB701 D701, D702 Q701, Q702

It's recommended to use an AC line input current Ampere meter and 1 litre of water load for testing =B7 Program DPC: press CLOCK, TIMER, START, POWER pad =B7 Unplug HV lead wire connector CN703 from inverter =B7 Program oven for 1 minute and press START =B7 After approximately 23 seconds, oven displays H98 and stops =B7 Confirm the input current is 0.8A to 1.7A during 23 seconds operation =B7 Press RESET pad =B7 Unplug CN701 (4A0; 4T0) =B7 Program oven for 1 minute and press START =B7 After approximately 3 seconds, oven displays H97 and stops =B7 Confirm the input current is 0.4A to 0.8A during 3 seconds operation If the above test is satisfied, the Inverter can be determined OK

2=2E A606Y4T00CP Check point: =B7 Visual checking: R710, R711, C703 burnt =B7 VOM test: D701, D702, DB701 and Q702, Q701 (replace both Q701 & Q702), ZD703, ZD704 shorted Note: Replace a short jumper at R713 location by a 4.7 ohm resistor to prevent R710, R711 from burning and correct R710, R711 value from 39 ohm to 30 ohm

Symptom Check Shuts down after few seconds Q701, Q702, DB701, D701, D702, ZD703, ZD704, R710 / R711 (burnt), R713 (opened)

Low or Fluctuating input current C703 (crack, leakage), D710, CT701 Mini PCB

Hissing sound C703, R713 (opened), CT701 (secondary opened) Shrieking sound at start up L701

Reply to
nipperchipper

I looked at manual for NN-5855 and if a timed/unvarying rather than approximate 10 seconds and if it has "auto sensor" then maybe an open "steam sensor" , disable o/p high or low perhaps.

n cook