panasonic DC280-340V Dc Motor

I have a panasonic ARW4 1H8P30AC SP 30W DC280-340V A981 149 (The above is the label on the motor) DC motor which I had from an Air conditioner. I want to use it for a project but i can't figure out how to start it. it has 5 leads in the ff colors Red, Back, White, Yellow and Blue. Any information on how to start this Motor will be of great help to me. Thanks

Reply to
kwamena banson

You might try looking for the motor specifications at a Panasonic appliance website, or a supplier of these motors for replacement purposes.

It's probably not likely that this motor is a DC (as in direct current +/-) motor.

It's far more likely that the motor is an AC (as in alternating current 50 or 60Hz) motor.

If you can take a picture of the label, someone will probably be able to sort it out for you.

-- Cheers, WB .............

Reply to
Wild_Bill

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 12:21:42 -0700 (PDT), kwamena banson put finger to keyboard and composed:

I suspect that your motor is a DC fan motor.

FWIW, my Fujitsu ducted aircon has a 7-wire fan motor driven by the indoor unit, and two 5-wire fan motors driven by the outdoor unit.

The indoor fan has three wires to select low (990 RPM, blue), medium (1150 RPM, violet), or high speed (1300 RPM, red). A 20uF 370V start capacitor connects to the black and white wires, and power is also supplied on the white wire.

The outdoor fan motors are DC types. The wire colours are Red, Black, White, Yellow and Brown. They run at 850 RPM (up Fan) and 750 RPM (down Fan).

Red = DC power Black = Ground White = +15VDC Yellow = Power On Brown = Feedback

The following Fujitsu service manuals have circuit diagrams that may help you understand the drive requirements:

It may also be worth looking at LG service manuals:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

If you had the model number of the A/C air conditioning unit, it would likely be useful for trying to find the motor info.

The 30W is likely relevent (30 watt motor size), and the other numbers are not exactly clear.. however, if the 280-340V is a voltage rating, then I would suspect that the A/C unit is for use in a country where 240VAC isn't a common voltage.

AC (alternating current) motors are cheaper to produce, and I would doubt that a newer technology brushless DC motor would be practical for a A/C unit fan motor.

MOTOR for Home appliance & Automotive

Reply to
Wild_Bill

Sp 40w dc280-340v diagram

Reply to
epcastueras

Can you please send your number , I want

Reply to
kayyan080