Panasonic CT32SX31 power supply

I have a panasonic in for repair. You have to push the power button several times in order the get the relay to click. When it does I hear a high pitch from the power supply and then nothing. I get no HV from the flyback even for a second> I hooked up my HV probe and get no action at all.. It acts like shut down but I do not think so. I did find an open 10 ohm resistor near the flyback but didn't make a difference. I'm waitng for a schematic but haven't got one yet..Any help on this? Thanks

Reply to
Johnace

Check for shorted Horizontal Output Q551. Is probably is!

That open 10 ohm resistor is a sure sign of a classic PC failure for that model. See these tips and I will also send you the schematic via

Look for an email from them with a link to download.

--------------------------------------------------------------- Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0

PANASONIC CT32SX31E

Pincushion Problem

Telrad Electronics

Is This Case C757, 6800pf/50v, P/N Ecqb1h682jm3 Was Shorted, About 1.2 Ohms And R517 Was Open, 10k 1 Watt, Looks Like A 1/2 Watt But Is A 1 Watt. P/N Erg1sj103p. R517 Is In The Abl Circuit Off Flyback Pin 3 And C757 Is Also In The Abl Circuit Off Flyback Pin 3 But Is In The Pincushion Circuit Near Ic750.

PANASONIC CT32SX31E

Pincushion Problem

Austin Tv & Electronics

Check C524 (.22) R517 (10k) Q702 (A1309) And R246 (1k Chip Cap)

Q702 Located Next To The Microprocessor On A Different Board. It Was The Only 700 Number On That Board.

PANASONIC CT32SX31E

Pincushion Problem

Check C757

PANASONIC CT32SX31E

Pincushion Problems

Garris Tv - New Bern, Nc.

Check C524, R517 (10k 1watt), Q702, C757 And R246. Q702 Located Next To The Microprocessor On A Different Board. It Was The Only 700 Number On That Board.

PANASONIC CT32SX31E

Pincushion Problems 2

Ic750, C524, R517, Q751 All Defective

PANASONIC CT32SX31E

Shorted H.O.T, After 1 Min Pix Bowed On Sides

Bryn Mawr Tv

Shorted Q551 (2sc5517000lk) After Replacement Set Turned On With Full Raster. After 1 Min Sides Bowed Inward. Found Shorted C557 (Ecqm1h6825v) Ic750 (Njm4565l Sub Ba15218n) Open R517 (Erg1sj103p/ 10k 2watt) All Parts Are Off Abl Line Replaced Fly As Precaution (Kft5aa369f) Also Check C724, C755, D509, Q701, Q702, L551, L553

==========================
Jeff Stielau
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Shoreline Electronics

Replace HOT Replace 10ohm Replace the Pin Transistor Replace the Flyback. Replace the RH3F diode if there is one to left of flyback. Then you are good to go...

Just done a 35 for the same thing..Maybe your is the same..Maybe

Reply to
kip

Thanks to all that responded.. I'll check them tomorrow.

Reply to
Johnace