Output cable for portable DVD player

I have a Sylvania portable DVD player. The instructions mention a cable so that the player can be connected to the composite input of a TV. The plug n eeds to have 4 connection points, and fit a miniature sized jack. The conne ctions are common (most likely the shield), composite video, right, and lef t audio.

I have checked Sylvania's website, and several other sites, but cannot find one. Any suggestions of where I might find something like this?

Thanks,

KM

Reply to
Kirk M

that the player can be connected to the composite input of a TV. The plug needs to have 4 connection points, and fit a miniature sized jack. The connections are common (most likely the shield), composite video, right, and left audio.

one. Any suggestions of where I might find something like this?

What connector? Your description is useless. Post the model number, or a link to a photo of the connector if you want help.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On Mon, 4 Feb 2013 19:43:26 -0800 (PST), Kirk M put finger to keyboard and composed:

the player can be connected to the composite input of a TV. The plug needs to have 4 connection points, and fit a miniature sized jack. The connections are common (most likely the shield), composite video, right, and left audio.

Is it a 3.5mm jack with 4 segments?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

I have cables of this sort for both a Sony pocket LCD TV and a Polaroid-branded DVD player. I believe this sort of cable is more or less standardized. That worst that can happen is that you'll have to experiment to figure out what-goes-where. No big deal.

Here's one. I'm sure you'll be able to find others -- with a little effort and common sense.

William Sommerwerck

3.5mm? Check the signals order with the following

Then look on eBay for a cable compatible with what's mentioned. If it's the first, then a 3.5mm cable for Archos, Gigabeat, Creative Zen Vision Series, Cown iAudio, Apple iBook will do.

--
Adrian C
Reply to

I'm surprised pin 2 is the ground on most of these, as you'd expect that the shield would be easier to connect to pin 1.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

I have the jacks but it still don't, come on

Reply to
cashreserveflow128

classic google groups grammar

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Classic game popular in my grammar school days:

Reply to
bitrex

Back in ancient times, guys played Marbles or spun tops. Girls played Jacks. Few guys left the house without a shooter, a couple of cats'eyes and a top.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

Used to be "conkers" in the UK