OT: Weird car electrical problem solved.

Ha Ha ...no, but later while in college, I had a 4 track car stereo that I hated. it didn't sound very good and was always eating tapes - a real POS. Instead of throwing it away, I took it out of the dash and left it on the passenger seat in a box with all the tapes.

When I returned from class later that day, the box was gone.

Reply to
Sofa Slug

That's almost as good as wrapping up a box of dog crap, and leaving it out as a trap. :)

Reply to
Michael A Terrell

You most likely made money on the deal!

Years ago I had one of my cars broken into it had a CB, nice SWR meter. Wasn't worth much to me but I did report it, cops come over and took a look inside of my car. comes out with a wallet in his hands, "This yours" ? Nope not mine.. The crook must of got his paints caught on the seat and it slit just under the seat a little. I never noticed it because I wasn't looking there.

it turned out to be my neighbor !

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

True story: The last place we lived in before leaving NYC was on 190th Stre et not far from the Cloisters. Our neighbor had a very elderly German Sheph erd, and she was quite elderly herself. One sad day, her dog died, and the only place she could take it (in Manhattan) was down towards Battery Park. So, she bundled the dog into a large suitcase - as people were wont to own back in the 1960s. Getting into the subway at 190th Street (A-line) is not so hard as there is an elevator from the street to the platform (well befor e ADA). However, at South Ferry, not so much. She faced these steps with an 80 pound dog. What should happen, but a "Nice Young Man" offered to carry it up the steps for her. And, promptly ran off with it.

There is justice in this world.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

Around here, When a dog poops and the neighbor doesn't clean it up, it winds up on their front step. No bag. Problem solved.

Reply to
Ron D.

Street not far from the Cloisters. Our neighbor had a very elderly German Shepherd, and she was quite elderly herself. One sad day, her dog died, and the only place she could take it (in Manhattan) was down towards Battery Park. So, she bundled the dog into a large suitcase - as people were wont to own back in the 1960s. Getting into the subway at

190th Street (A-line) is not so hard as there is an elevator from the street to the platform (well before ADA). However, at South Ferry, not so much. She faced these steps with an 80 pound dog. What should happen, but a "Nice Young Man" offered to carry it up the steps for her. And, promptly ran off with it.

Great Story!

That reminds of something a friend of mine did with an old water heater at his father's suburban Fresno, Ca. home. He and his dad had previously replaced the unit, as it leaked from a small hole near the bottom on one side.

They both dragged this thing out onto the lawn near the street and carefully positioned it so the hole wasn't obvious. My friend then placed a sign on it reading "$50". When he checked later that afternoon, the water heater was gone.

Reply to
Sofa Slug