(OT) Vacuum Cleaner Identification for Bags

I've been dealing with a vacuum cleaner that has a cloth bag, and is only good for floors. I was thinking of buying a new one so I can also use it on walls and to vacuum things like the fan opening on my computer and other stuff.

I was driving past a house the other day that was just sold, and there was a pile of furniture and stuff in front for the trash. In that pile was an old Electrolux canister vacuum, called "a Silverado Deluxe", complete with the hose accessories and the carpet extension.

I brought it home and found it works perfectly, except the bag was full. I dumped out as much of the bag as I could and was shocked at the power it has. From what I have seen online, this was an extremely well built and durable machine. There is one selling on ebay right now, without the hose or any attachments, for $70 plus $53 shipping. That's $123 total. It appears to have been made in the early 1970s. That Ebay ad says "1505" after the description, so I can only assume that is the model.

In my case, the price was right.....

The bags are paper, and have a rubber type seal around the opening. So I need some new bags. However I can not find any model number on it anywhere. The old bag says "Electrolux" but dont have any sort of part number on it either.

There are no vacuum cleaner stores in the area, so I am stuck with getting bags at Walmart (if they have them), or on Ebay.

Does anyone know anything about buying bags for these vacuums, and know how to order them? Do I order them by size, or just give the name of the machine, since I do not have the model number?????

Or, is there an online place that caters to selling vacuum cleaners and parts for them?

I did notice there is a place where they was once a tag on the machine, I assume that must be where the model number was posted....

Thanks

Reply to
oldschool

a scritto:

tried google?

Bye Jack

Reply to
jack4747

I don't know why you want a model number when you have a model name.

When I've been unable to get bags, I've attached new paperbag to the old header section. Do it properly so it won't come off.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I have a strong suspicion that all the older Electrolux horizontal canister vacuum cleaners uses the same size of bag. Electrolux seems to have chosen to stick with a proven design for many, many years of manufacture.

I've had one of these for over 20 years (and it was a refurb when I bought it). I've always just grabbed packets of bags marked "for Electrolux" at whatever big-box store or supermarket I happened to be in, when I realized I needed some. Never had a mis-fit.

It looks to me as if they have what you want... likely the "Type C" filter bags. "The 25 pack of 4 Ply Generic filter paper Aerus Electrolux Style C Canister Paper Bags fits all canisters from 1952 to

2008 except Oxygen, Guardian, and Renaissance models." They look just like what mine uses.
Reply to
Dave Platt

Thanks,

Those do look like the right ones and after doing some more reading on the web, it appers that what you said is true. Looks like all the Electrolux canister vacs use that Type C bag, except those you noted. Mine is the Silverado (and I thought that was a Chevy Truck).

Also, looking at a very detailed ad on Ebay to sell one of these vacuum cleaners, it appears this is the model 1505. That ad has about 25 pictures and they are all identical to my vac.

Kind of sounds like these are very well made vacs that last forever. I'm glad I could save mine from the landfill. Especially since it works perfectly. Sometimes it amazes me what people throw away.

Reply to
oldschool

Shoot a picture to a distributor of parts.

Greg

Reply to
gregz