OT: Still Blocking Google Groups users?

I used to be on this group a lot a few years back back when I had a usenet server included with my ISP.

I was wondering if everyone still blocks all google group users in their kill file.

Can anyone read my message?

--
Thanks

Mike
Reply to
Michael Kennedy

only me

Reply to
N_Cook

And, I only read _replies_ to gg postings. I killfile the OP. The replies are often of interest or contain enough humor to make it worthwhile.

But, as well, I see the idiots replying to pure gg spam -- as if the spammers _EVER_ read followups to their spew.

Reply to
Allodoxaphobia

I don't see why. In her, SEB and SED there is not much spam. In fact what spam there is comes fom someone obviously sells textbooks. those "Solutions Manuals". They are not from Google groupers.

Perhaps Google groupers are in other groups that do gt alot of spam, but these are not al that bad.

Reply to
jurb6006

On Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 11:41:59 AM UTC-5, Allodoxaphobia wrote: But, as well, I see the idiots replying to pure gg spam -- as if

You're right of course, but it's a bit cathartic I suppose to rant a bit at them, poke fun at their postings or products etc.

Reply to
John-Del

Yeah, getting your posts just fine.

Reply to
Dana

But it also means that even if somebody blocks the spam, they still can see your replies, containing the spam.

So please don't resend spam.

Leif

--
Je suis Charlie