OT: Silicone rubber?

I thought I'd found a source of small dimension silicone rubber drive bands. Vibrant colours like all that kitchen utensil stuff. For a given cross-section , the same degree of stretch. But laying against a soldering iron barrel , it melts, slowly, but does melt , unlike proper silicone rubber. Low grade "silicone" with admixture of some sort of plastic?

Reply to
N_Cook