OT: political glue failure

How do you arrange for a physical letter on a backdrop to a platform used for a political conference? It would have to be set in place at least a few days in advance, due to the security surrounding such a conference, survive a couple of days of conference speeches from the same rostrum, but the letter must drop off in the hour of the main closing speech, and not before or after.

Reply to
N_Cook

Short of mechanical intervention, nothing reliable to the extend that you n eed. At the same time, and depending on your budget, a series of electromag nets on a R/C relay could fill the bill. A signal from the R/C device (even a throw-away cell phone) could de-activate the magnets - possibly even seq uentially. Changing TRUMP to RUMP, for instance, then RUM.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

There did not seem to be a pack of photographers making a barrage of flash photos, prior or during the relevant speech. Even if there was, its not like its the days of magnesium flash powder and loads of radiant heat around. Can it be just coincidence, that some glue could fail , in exactly the right hour, perhaps 150 hours on, from being set-up ?

Reply to
N_Cook

ou need. At the same time, and depending on your budget, a series of electr omagnets on a R/C relay could fill the bill. A signal from the R/C device ( even a throw-away cell phone) could de-activate the magnets - possibly even sequentially. Changing TRUMP to RUMP, for instance, then RUM.

Use hot glue, then launch a Hellfire missile into the conference. The resu ltant fireball will melt the hot glue then the letter will drop at the exac t time that you want.

If you can arrange to talk to former President Obama, tell him that you're an operative of either North Korea or Iran and you can pick up a surplus He llfire for a small donation to the DNC.

Reply to
John-Del

I've just thought of a low tec method. It would require the delegates to have pre-assigned seats in the auditorium, well at least the first few rows, very likely. During the setting up, the week before, use week glue for one of the letters on the lowest row, not so week that it could possibly fail due to normal temperature changes. Then a piece of nylon fishing line attached to that letter and fed under the carpet, and up through a tiny hole under the numbered seat of the plant, not necessarily under that unfunny "comedian". Reach down , from a dropped pen and grab the fishing line at some point. Perhaps someone has acces to a slow-mo version of the coverage of the "don't mention the f wors to Mrs May" event, to see if the letter very casually dropped off. We'd never hear about such a stunt, because it would mean 2 very serious security lapses in one hour, and having one caught on media cameras is quite enough.

Reply to
N_Cook

Suborn the camera operation, and treat the backdrop as a green-screeh. You just key the image of the letter to overlay, on everyone's video screen, the backdrop.

Instead of moving an object (the letter) you just manipulate the image. That's what a 'political conference' really is, when it's on-camera: an image.

Or, if you want to get really deeply involved, you hire a news crew and get press credentials and everything.

Reply to
whit3rd

Of course coincidence is possible. Is there a link to a video you can post? I dislike posting political stuff on newsnet because I don't look at any political newsgroups. Buuuut, I will make an exception in this case. If the letter "T" dropped from the word "Trump" I would have to say it was just the Universe making a spelling correction. Actually, that was not a political statement. Donald Trump is an ass. It wouldn't matter which, if any, political party he claimed to be aligned with. He is still an ass. Eric

Reply to
etpm

Steve