OT: Kutztown XXXV Radio Show

All:

I will be leaving tomorrow morning for the XXXIV Kutztown Radio Show in Kut ztown (Berks County), PA, less than an hour from Allentown, three from NYC and two from Philadelphia.

Tomorrow is mostly a set-up day, and non-club members and non-registered de alers may pay a small fee to get onto the site if they wish to buy or sell.

Go over some of the pictures - there is an ever-increasing number of audio items at the show, some very high end indeed, as well as the obvious thousa nds of radios. One of the advantages of an event such as this is that one m ay kick the tires, smell the roses and so forth. eBay offers no such opport unities.

But, as an added incentive to attend - and first-come-first-serve - I will be bringing a fully operational soldering gun kit - useful for making chass is ground connections at least - free to the first individual who comes to the Clinic table (at the Club Table) and asks for it. The _ONLY_ expectatio n on my part would be that the individual posts in the group where he/she r ead this offer. I have only one (1) such item.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

Was going to go today but am getting over a bug. Hope to see you and the gang in September. Squack on! ;)

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Despite several promises from several sources, there were no claimers for t he Soldering Set. So, the offer will be repeated in September.

For the record, and even with the weather on Friday, the meet was extremely well attended and a good time was had by all! The weather cleared very ni cely Friday afternoon, so the dinner, fireworks and libations (single-malt scotch and cheap beer as well as many non-toxic options) and the bonfire we nt very well. A link to pictures will follow soon.

There was LOTS of stuff this meet, more audio than I have seen in a good wh ile, at least half-a-dozen Predicata TVs (all working!!), and radios, of co urse. One gentleman had a Marantz 7B & 8B, the latter of which had a shorte d OPT, and therefore *sold* for a mere $2,000. Lots of McIntosh - I repaire d a pre-amp at the clinic - it was damaged in transport so needed some pull ed wires repaired, and a few other goodies.

A good time was had by all.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

Sounds like a great time! I hope to make the Sept show and hope it will be as rewarding as this sounded. :)

Reply to
thekmanrocks

John Hagman's record of the show, more to come.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw