OT Google Bricked Phone

Friend an I both have Moto E with AT&T service provider.

I have had my phone for over a year.
He got his a few months ago.

His phone was "bricked" such that he could not get incoming calls to ring.

He says he had to verify his email address before it allowed the phone
to ring.   I tested mine and it works fine.

We seldom even turn on these phones as they are intended for emergency
use only.

SO MUCH FOR THAT IF WE CANNOT RELY ON THEM !!!!!

How does this happen ?

This seems totally illegal for Google to block the phone.

Suggestions please.

Re: OT Google Bricked Phone
On Sat, 17 Jun 2017 12:40:57 -0700, AndroidMe <"AndroidMe

If that's all they are for, you both paid too much for the phones and
are paying too much each month to ATT. You should have bought cheap
fliptop phones and used a service like T-Mobile's prepaid plan.

Re: OT Google Bricked Phone
WAY OT RESPONSE

Phone Paid $80.
Monthly $25.

Nothing better to do ?

Let's talk about women then.

Re: OT Google Bricked Phone
On Sat, 17 Jun 2017 14:28:56 -0700, AndroidMe

When I had a (fliptop) phone which I used only for emergencies, I paid
$25 for it, and I paid T-Mobile $10 a *year* for its prepaid service.

I've moved to a smart phone now, which I use for more than
emergencies, but my wife still uses her $10 a year T-mobile service
and just bought a new fliptop (the old one died) for the same $25.

Re: OT Google Bricked Phone
alt.windows7.general:

That is not the definition of "bricked". A bricked device is one that
is dead, will not respond to any input. Like a brick.

Get the most expensive Windows Phone you can find.

Re: OT Google Bricked Phone
Brilliant response from A TWIT.

Re: OT Google Bricked Phone
alt.windows7.general:

poorly worded, poorly described, poorly researched whining is at least
the tiniest bit relevant.

Re: OT Google Bricked Phone
On 6/17/2017 9:40 AM, AndroidMe wrote:

Try FreedomPop.
I use this for an emergency phone in the car.  Works fine in my area
[Honolulu.]
Once you sign up, up need to unenroll from the paid services, and the
paid plan [although they are reasonably priced].  You then have 200
minutes and 250 MB data free each month.
You do need a smart phone for the app.

Site Timeline