OT Google Bricked Phone

Friend an I both have Moto E with AT&T service provider.

I have had my phone for over a year. He got his a few months ago.

His phone was "bricked" such that he could not get incoming calls to ring.

He says he had to verify his email address before it allowed the phone to ring. I tested mine and it works fine.

We seldom even turn on these phones as they are intended for emergency use only.

SO MUCH FOR THAT IF WE CANNOT RELY ON THEM !!!!!

How does this happen ?

This seems totally illegal for Google to block the phone.

Suggestions please.

Reply to
AndroidMe

If that's all they are for, you both paid too much for the phones and are paying too much each month to ATT. You should have bought cheap fliptop phones and used a service like T-Mobile's prepaid plan.

Reply to
Ken Blake

On 17 Jun 2017, AndroidMe wrote in alt.windows7.general:

That is not the definition of "bricked". A bricked device is one that is dead, will not respond to any input. Like a brick.

Get the most expensive Windows Phone you can find.

Reply to
Nil

WAY OT RESPONSE

Phone Paid $80. Monthly $25.

Nothing better to do ?

Let's talk about women then.

Reply to
AndroidMe

Brilliant response from A TWIT.

AndroidMe

Try FreedomPop. I use this for an emergency phone in the car. Works fine in my area [Honolulu.] Once you sign up, up need to unenroll from the paid services, and the paid plan [although they are reasonably priced]. You then have 200 minutes and 250 MB data free each month. You do need a smart phone for the app.

Reply to
John Keiser

On 17 Jun 2017, AndroidMe wrote in alt.windows7.general:

Go back to some newsgroup besides alt.windows7.general where your poorly worded, poorly described, poorly researched whining is at least the tiniest bit relevant.

Reply to
Nil

When I had a (fliptop) phone which I used only for emergencies, I paid $25 for it, and I paid T-Mobile $10 a *year* for its prepaid service.

I've moved to a smart phone now, which I use for more than emergencies, but my wife still uses her $10 a year T-mobile service and just bought a new fliptop (the old one died) for the same $25.

Reply to
Ken Blake