OT: Analog Switch question

May be wasting my time if everyone still killfiles Google but here we go.

I need to make a DTDP analog switch work with a few second delay after rece iving input.

I was thinking about a 555 and some kind of analog switch.

For example, I have a usb cable I will plug into a tablet. It needs to sho rt the D+ and D- pins (on the cable going to the tablet) together for a cou ple of seconds then connect the the D+ and D- (from a usb hub).

You can read my description below or look at the circuit I drew here.

The hub will provide power to charge the tablet, but to put the tablet into charge mode you need to short the pins first. After that you can disconnec t the short and it will continue charging. Switch in the USB hub's data lin es and everything is working. Charging and connected to a hub all on one US B port.

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

** Pretty sure everyone can see your posts.

In any case, it's not possible to block Google Groups as a whole.

Sorry, you Q is a bit OT for me.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison