Opening a cordless handset

I have a Panasonic cordless handset from a 2.4 GHz digital answering system. I stupidly left it outside last night, and we had thunderstorms during the night.

Believe it or not, the phone operates, but there's still some moisture in there. I need to get it opened up before components have time to corrode or rust or do whatever they're going to do if they stay wet.

There are two screws behind the battery, but there don't seem to be any others holding this thing together. Should I be able to pry it apart after removing the screws, or are there some hidden ones somewhere?

Thanks!

Tracey

Reply to
Tracey

On some models there are some plastic locking tabs in the upper part. You can very carefully release them with a thin screwdriver blade. Take car to not damage the case.

On some models, also, there can be screws under a label, or under the phone number plate in the front of the phone below the display.

--
JANA
_____

Hi Tracey...

Don't know that model, but used to service a gazillion of them.

If yours has a little plastic piece with a slip of paper under it... don't know what to call it, but the thing on which you'd write your telephone number, then remove the plastic (it's flexible) and the paper and find one or two screws under it.

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel