Old 'Scope inductor and cap help please

Know one has mentioned it, but I have a question about the value 33uh. Unless that is a very large resistor or a very small diameter wire... I just question the value. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I ran some numbers a while back and nothing reasonable for 33 uH came out for an air wound coil that would fit on a 1/2 to 1 watt resistor. Maybe it was .33 uh.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Ya, I didn't run any numbers, I have wound quite a few air coils and

33uh seems like it would be kind off large, compared to a resistor*. So, it just doesn't seem right.

Mikek

*I know, how big is a resistor
Reply to
amdx

Understand electronics much ? Or just what "someone wrote" ?

If you got a coil and cap like that, if the coil is not open it cannot make the trace disappear. It may not have quite the frequency response but it will still work.

There is nothing in a scope that old and limited that would suffer much from the opening up of a resistor that is bridged by a coil. Measure it, if it is not open move on and find the real problem. This ain't it.

Reply to
Jeff Urban

You should not until you get the trace to respond to a signal. UNLESS the scope is so old it does not have DC coupling it is not a capacitor.

Reply to
Jeff Urban