Old oven timer makes a noise when oven is off

This is an old electric powered oven. Ive never touched the timer but it is giving off a noise like low boiling water. The transformer is hot to the touch. Disconnected power to oven and noise stopped. I assume that when the timer and oven are off that the transformer should not be hot? I assume something has shorted?

Reply to
slow_gazelle

The transformer will likely be hot all the time as it's always switched on.

Does it have a mechanical timer or clock?

Reply to
James Sweet

the following 2 links are pics of the front and back of timer

it has a minute timer which appears to be mechanical and stop and start dial.

Reply to
slow_gazelle

The motor is making noise. Eventually it will stop but there's nothing dangerous. The motor or just the rotor/gear module - the silver part on the right hand side of

- can be lubed or replaced (if you can find one).

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites: