Norbit Logic

Hi All,

I have an old old unit I am trying to fix. I need info on one of the parts... looks like a BIG DIL IC, I believe it is what is called "NORBIT"

The number on it is 4NOR60. Just need the pinout and fuctionality.

Thanks in Advace

Iain

--

http://www.wilkie-electronics.co.uk

Wilkie Electronics
16, Muirhall Terrace
Perth
PH2 7ES
Scotland
United Kingdom

Tel/Fax +44 (0)1738 621492
Reply to
Iain Wilkie

NORBIT technology was developed around the 1960's by Philips. I seem to remember it comprised a family of "industrial strength" semiconductor modules intended to be used in process control equipment.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

There is 20 page chapter on the Norbit family in a 1967 Philips databook in my library. My email address off the URL below

N Cook

book contains pinout of dual quad input nor package, 2NOR60,17 pins yes 17, not the 4NOR60, how many pins ?. You are aware they use 24volt ?

N Cook

17,

A 1971 Philips book has extended range of Norbit series, 100 pages

4NOR60 is 17 pins, quad 2 and 3 i/p nor , obscure numbering pattern, maximum 30V supply and permisible range on i/ps -24V to 90 V.

Viewing package on top with 9 pins on top and 8 pins below, starting pin 1 top left and going around clockwise

1,2,3 i/p nor gate 1 4 output 4 5 out 2 6,8 i nor 3 7 supply for 1 9 common 0V 10,11,12 i nor 2 13 o nor3 14 o nor1 15,17 i nor4 16 supply nor 2,3 ,4

for any other info, a matter of photocopying

N Cook

Thanks for all the help.....now have the info I need

Iain

Wilkie Electronics

16, Muirhall Terrace Perth PH2 7ES Scotland United Kingdom

Tel/Fax +44 (0)1738 621492

Reply to
Iain Wilkie

correction to pinout number pattern. start top left number 1 then bottom row start at left with number 10

N Cook