Norbit Logic

Hi All,

I have an old old unit I am trying to fix. I need info on one of the
parts...
looks like a BIG DIL IC, I believe it is what is called "NORBIT"

The number on it is 4NOR60. Just need the pinout and fuctionality.

Thanks in Advace

Iain

--

http://www.wilkie-electronics.co.uk

Wilkie Electronics
Re: Norbit Logic
On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 15:01:51 GMT, "Iain Wilkie"

NORBIT technology was developed around the 1960's by Philips. I seem
to remember it comprised a family of "industrial strength"
semiconductor modules intended to be used in process control
equipment.

Re: Norbit Logic

There is 20 page chapter on the Norbit family in a 1967 Philips databook in
my library. My email address off the URL below

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England
Re: Norbit Logic

book contains pinout of dual quad input nor package, 2NOR60,17 pins yes 17,
not the 4NOR60, how many pins ?.
You are aware they use 24volt ?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England
Re: Norbit Logic
17,

A 1971 Philips book has extended range of Norbit series, 100 pages
4NOR60 is 17 pins, quad 2 and 3 i/p nor , obscure numbering pattern, maximum
30V supply and permisible range on i/ps -24V to 90 V.

Viewing package on top with 9 pins on top
and 8 pins below, starting pin 1 top left and going around clockwise

1,2,3 i/p nor gate 1
4 output 4
5 out 2
6,8 i nor 3
7 supply for 1
9 common 0V
10,11,12 i nor 2
13 o nor3
14 o nor1
15,17 i nor4
16 supply nor 2,3 ,4

for any other info, a matter of photocopying

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England
Re: Norbit Logic
Thanks for all the help.....now have the info I need

Iain

--

http://www.wilkie-electronics.co.uk

Wilkie Electronics
Re: Norbit Logic

correction to pinout number pattern.
start top left number 1
then bottom row start at left with number 10

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England