nokia 6230 ringer problem

I have nokia6230 handset.few days back its ringtone stopped working.i checked thoroughly and find out that not only ringtone does not work when someone calls me. if i want to listen to ringtones myself even then it doesnot play ringtones. however when i connect my headset then i call listen to ringtones.i can send and receive calls wothout any problem however using vibrator for alerting me when there is a call. i have checked the external speaker it is working fine when i put it in another nokia 6230 handset. can anybody tell me what could be the reason or suspected faulty component in the handset.

kind regards, shahid

Reply to
S.Bashir

Doesn't it ring through the same speaker that you listen through?

This sounds like a software problem, not a faulty component. But I don't know, and in any case, the components of a highly miniaturized cell phone are unlikely to be replaceable.

You might try taking the battery out for half an hour (to reset it).

Reply to
mc

hi mc,

actually there are two speakers in nokia 6230. i am talking about handsfree speaker through which rings comes when someone calls you. i am able to listen receiving calls through the other speaker which works when you listen to calls. also i noticed that my battery discharged within hour .however when i removed handsfree speaker than battery starts discharging normally. so i suspect some hardware problem rather than software what do you think now,

thanks shahid

Reply to
S.Bashir