No picture on Sony proj TV (late 90's era)

I'm looking for help repairing my Sony Projection TV, Model KP53XBR45. There is no picture but the sound works fine. THe screeen lights up breifly upon power up but shuts of almost immediatly.

The power supply voltages all are good on the power supply pcb. The HOT fuses are not blown. The High Voltage regulator (trippler) had a short that I could hear and I replaced it with a new one. I pretty sure I am getting HV now to the guns as I can hear that sound HV makes makes when the set is turned off (I dont have a HV probe and cause I dont want to die, I havent measured the HV). The back of the guns glow slightly.

I have a scope with 10:1 and 100:1 probes and I know how to use it but not sure where I should look to see if the HOT's are working or if they are gettign a drive signal.

Any and all advice welcome!

Brian

Sounds like AKB trouble...

Reply to