Neither tape decks work on Aiwa ZL500

Cassette decks do not work, just makes clicking noises, will not FF or RW either. not in pause mode either, and have cleaned tape transport mechanisms and heads. Have come to the conclusion that drive belts may have come off pulley or need replacing perhaps? Seems a bit strange that both decks are inoperative?

Can anyone either confirm or make any suggestions/thoughts please before I start taking it apart?!!!

If new belts are required, any suggestions where I may purchase them please as this is the first time I have had this problem other than with a very old Sony TC377 Reel to Reel that I repaired myself!

Reply to
Talesin

mechanisms

need

please as

Sony

1 motor driving 2 decks is quite common, "infection" perishing many rubber bands etc enclosed in the same enclosed space is also quite common. I've cut my own bands for the last few years
Reply to
N_Cook