Need VOLT - AMP - WATT convert software

07-29-21 01:59 tom wrote to All about Need VOLT - AMP - WATT co Howdy! Tom,

to> @MSGID: to> Yep there are a million websites to do it. But i dont have to> internet in my shop. I dont have a smartphone either so forget to> the apps. And i dont care to do math. I just want a simple to> piece of free software for windows.

to> Any suggestions?

I know that You wrote that You don't want to do Math.

Here are two Mamory Helpers I remember from High School Electric class.

E E = Volts ________________________ I = Amps. | R = Resistance in Omhs I | R |

and

P P = Power in Watts ________________________ I = Amps. | E = Volts I | E |

Hope they are of help to You.

73 (Best Regards) de (from) Ed W9ODR dit dit

... Everyone smiles in the same language.

Reply to
Ed Vance

Yep there are a million websites to do it. But i dont have internet in my shop. I dont have a smartphone either so forget the apps. And i dont care to do math. I just want a simple piece of free software for windows.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
tom

Pocket calculator and small label attached: R=U/I U=R*I I=U/R P=U*I U=P/I I=P/U

SCI in group name rulez

Wolfgang

--
Ich bin in Paraguay lebender Trollallergiker :) reply Adresse gesetzt!

ihr Niveau herunter und schlagen mich dort mit ihrer Erfahrung! :p
(lt. alter usenet Weisheit)      iPod, iPhone, iPad, iTunes, iRak, iDiot
Reply to
Wolfgang Allinger

Track down a PIRE Wheel. That is all you need.

John :-#)#

                      John's Jukes Ltd.
          (604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
                      www.flippers.com
John Robertson

An often used trick is to print triangles like:

P ----- U * I

or:

U ----- I * R

Then, to calculate something (e.g. P), cover the wanted result (P) and read the remaining terms: U * I to know how to calculate it.

Reply to
Rob

Search for "Ohm's Law Calculator". Most include Power. For example: etc...

More of the same:

--
Jeff Liebermann                 jeffl@cruzio.com
PO Box 272      http://www.LearnByDestroying.com

I'd move on rather than spending time with that type of an employer.

Reply to
bruce bowser

I tried the 1st couple of suggestions. I didn't like how all fields had to be reeset to get a fresh calculation. Am reminded of a simple program I wrote years ago (free on request) to check two dates and the period between. Three fields of which two track each other if the 3rd is marked as fixed. Maybe V, A, R & W could be treated the same way.

Reply to
Mike Coon

Since you 'simple program I wrote years ago'....create a spreadsheet. Simple enough Don't have Excel? Dnld and install LibreOffice

just install the spreadsheet app

Reply to
Three Jeeps

Well, since you're not the OP and seem to have some additional requirements, perhaps it would be best to write your own program or web app. Lots of Ohm's Law calculators available to plagiarize:

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Circular dependencies?

Reply to
Mike Coon

Convert anything.

Allows user-designated unit conversions to be added. . . .

RL

Reply to
legg