Need to identify diodes, Magnavox VCR model VR9550ATO1

This is the old Panasonic type chassis that uses the removable power supply. This is a small separate board mounted in a small ventilated metal rectangular can which measures about 2" X 2" X 5". It is marked "Power circuit ref. # 1000 series" , This power supply is mounted vertically to the main board and connects with a small multi conductor ribbon cable. There are two shorted diodes on this supply. They are D14, a zener, and D8. I know this is a stretch but does anyone have a schematic diagram for this model who might be kind enough to look these up for me? I tried the distributors but they no longer have this information. Thanks for any assistance. Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

Reply to
captainvideo462002

D1014 = MA2180 or RD18FB, Philips PN 5301921180

18V 1W Zener is there solely for protection - the circuit would work fine without it under normal conditions. The fact that it is shorted suggests that supply regulation has gone awry. Common failures are C1015, 1000uF 16V output filter - high ripple current is very hard on this capacitor - and C1007, 4.7uF 200V primary side snubber.

D1008 = ERB32-01 or RU2YX, Philips PN 5391200390

2A fast rectifier usually survives most bad things that happen with these supplies.

These supplies tend toward cascade burnup when they go South, and can be tricky to fix. I scanned a bit of the schematic for you. Good luck!

Bill S.

Bill thanks so much for sending me that information. This unit belongs to a friend who would really like to have me fix it if its possible. Now at least I have a good shot at it. Best regards, Lenny Stein.

Reply to
captainvideo462002