Need some setup help with sony tv

I have the 32M3000 dtv set. I have a few questions, and hope you can help. What is the remote code to get into the service menu to adjust some parameters? After the set scans the available channels, is there any way to watch a channel, analog, that it hasn't sensed? It doesn't respond when you enter a channel number in the remote if it's not in the "scanned" list. When you switch to a channel, is there a setting to control the length of time that the channel information banner stays on the screen.....it's too short to read the info.., and finally is ALL the info available,- it seems that it only displays a certain amount of the message, and stops mid-sentence. Thanks for any help. If possible, please respond to snipped-for-privacy@muderick.com..

thanks, mm

Reply to
michael.muderick

Michael,

While I'm no expert on TV's, the Sony sets I've owned would allow you to type in a non-preset channel. You had to type in the number and follow it with the ENTER button on the remote. Also in the owner's manual, you'll likely find a way to program in (or delete)channels that the set did not find in its auto scan.

Regards, Tim Schwartz Bristol Electronics

Reply to
Tim Schwartz

Hi!

Digital TV introduced the concept of "subchannels" to ordinary broadcast TV. These are expressed as ".1, .2 .3" and so on. So if you have a DTV station on, say, channel 12, any of its broadcasts could be accessed by typing in "1 2 . 1" on the remote control. Somewhere your remote should have a . key.

On any TVs I've seen that had a combination digital/analog tuner, the "subchannel" concept was retroactively applied to the old analog broadcast channels, so they are entered in with a .0 after the channel number. This means that if you have an analog station on channel 12, you might need to type in "1 2 . 0" to get at it.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Thanks for the answers; maybe I misstated the question . I enter

12.1, or channel 5, when it found 3,4, and 6. I then hit the enter button. It just doesn't take. I can't enter a channel that didn't come up in the scan. The owner's manual seems to ignore this situation. I suspect that it just can't be done. mm
Reply to
michael.muderick

i!

hrhofmann

Now that most features are just software I wonder why manufacturers forget about such basic features. Here in Europe we don't tune to channels by typing their VHF or UHF channels but instead all TV sets and DTV receivers have a programmable list starting at 1 where you can sort all available channels regardless of their physical frequency. Most people is used to have some specific channels to some specific numbers (as it was with analog TV) so it is imperative to be able to sort the list, or change the number a channel is assigned to. In the last years I've seen many receivers and flat TVs that lack a sort option so you are stuck with the channels as they were found during the autotunning process. Of course these end up returned or used for other purposes. Some are worse and start numbering from 700 or 800 instead of 1. How do you explain to grandpa that now he must type 852 to reach the first channel, and 837 for the second... ?

Reply to
JERONI.PAUL