NEED SERVICE MANUAL AND/OR SCHEMATIC FOR TEKTRONIX 1501 TDR

I found a couple of Tektronix 1501 TDR units in the attic. They're B-phase prototypes. One seems to mostly work. Symptoms suggest that the sampling gate is stuck open. It's not easy to probe assembled and you can't run it when it's disassembled. It's put together like a Chinese jigsaw puzzle. I have enough ancient TEK sampling parts that I could probably fix it. I'm way too lazy to take it apart and try to draw the schematic. It's not worth a lot of effort, but I hate to see stuff go to the dump just because it's old and infirm...looks like I'm projecting here.;-)

Google turned up nothing.

Anybody got a pointer to a free download of a 1501 service manual? Or at least a scan of the schematic of the sampler board?

Thanks, mike

Reply to
mike

Bama has the 1502. Think that might help ?

Reply to
jurb6006

I have a 1502 and manual. Completely different. thanks,

Reply to
mike

Qservice supply ops & service as a download for 10 bucks, worth it? up to you.

JC

More of the same...

Punch 1501 into search box: $10 for both operating and service manuals with schematics.

The real service manual on eBay with schematics: $19 + $4 shipping.

More the same on eBay:

Image search for the manual:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Thanks, but the original request was for a FREE manual. $10 just about killed the urge to fix it.

I had a mole in the TEK factory service department, but she retired last week...bummer.

Reply to
mike

You have a very low threshold of pain. I couldn't find one that was free. Incidentally, if you're looking for such free downloads, try this search pattern with Google: and you'll find only PDF's. If you want just a schematic, I like to sift through the images such as: However, there was no relevant schematic among the junk it produced. Sorry, but unless someone finds a schematic, you'll just have to pay the price or do without.

You might want to try asking in one of the Tektronix specific forums or groups. This one is specifically for obtaining old documentation: More:

Well, she probably still has friends and connections inside Tektronix. Ask her to ask one of them for help.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

Doesn't have anything to do with pain. I have the ability to think past the first step of a multi-step process and predict that there is likely no outcome where the value of the result exceeds the cost. Free is exactly the right price for each step. Fortunately, that roadblock was achieved at the first step and further efforts are avoided. It'll take up the same space in the attic whether it's fixed or not. ;-)

I couldn't find one that was

I think I'll visit the TEK museum next week and see if they have anything helpful.

Reply to
mike

Tek wiki now has a good scan of the manual.

I would love to get one of those 1501s

thanks JK snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

503 284 5644
Reply to