NEED SERVICE MANUAL AND/OR SCHEMATIC FOR TEKTRONIX 1501 TDR

I found a couple of Tektronix 1501 TDR units in the attic.
They're B-phase prototypes.
One seems to mostly work.
Symptoms suggest that the sampling gate is stuck open.
It's not easy to probe assembled and you can't run it
when it's disassembled.  It's put together like a Chinese
jigsaw puzzle.
I have enough ancient TEK sampling parts that I could probably
fix it.
I'm way too lazy to take it apart and try to draw the schematic.
It's not worth a lot of effort, but I hate to see stuff go to the dump
just because it's old and infirm...looks like I'm projecting here.;-)

Google turned up nothing.

Anybody got a pointer to a free download of a 1501 service manual?
Or at least a scan of the schematic of the sampler board?

Thanks, mike

Re: NEED SERVICE MANUAL AND/OR SCHEMATIC FOR TEKTRONIX 1501 TDR
Bama has the 1502. Think that might help ?

Re: NEED SERVICE MANUAL AND/OR SCHEMATIC FOR TEKTRONIX 1501 TDR
I have a 1502 and manual. Completely different.
thanks,

Re: NEED SERVICE MANUAL AND/OR SCHEMATIC FOR TEKTRONIX 1501 TDR

Qservice supply ops & service as a download for 10 bucks, worth it? up
to you.

http://www.qservice.tv/vpasp/shopexd.asp?id43%3

Re: NEED SERVICE MANUAL AND/OR SCHEMATIC FOR TEKTRONIX 1501 TDR

More of the same...

Punch 1501 into search box:
<http://artekmanuals.com/manuals/tektronix-manuals/
$10 for both operating and service manuals with schematics.

The real service manual on eBay with schematics:
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tektronix-1501-TDR-Service-Manual-w-schematics-11-72-/300960370603
$19 + $4 shipping.

More the same on eBay:
<http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=tektronix+1501+manual

Image search for the manual:
<https://www.google.com/search?q=tektronix+1501+manual&tbm=isch

Re: NEED SERVICE MANUAL AND/OR SCHEMATIC FOR TEKTRONIX 1501 TDR
Thanks, but the original request was for a FREE manual.
$10 just about killed the urge to fix it.

I had a mole in the TEK factory service department, but she
retired last week...bummer.

Re: NEED SERVICE MANUAL AND/OR SCHEMATIC FOR TEKTRONIX 1501 TDR

You have a very low threshold of pain.  I couldn't find one that was
free.  Incidentally, if you're looking for such free downloads, try
this search pattern with Google:
<https://www.google.com/search?q=filetype:pdf+tektronix+1501
and you'll find only PDF's.  If you want just a schematic, I like to
sift through the images such as:
<https://www.google.com/search?&tbm=isch&q=tektronix+1501+schematic
However, there was no relevant schematic among the junk it produced.
Sorry, but unless someone finds a schematic, you'll just have to pay
the price or do without.

You might want to try asking in one of the Tektronix specific forums
or groups.  This one is specifically for obtaining old documentation:
More:

Well, she probably still has friends and connections inside Tektronix.
Ask her to ask one of them for help.

Re: NEED SERVICE MANUAL AND/OR SCHEMATIC FOR TEKTRONIX 1501 TDR

Doesn't have anything to do with pain.
I have the ability to think past the first step of a multi-step
process and predict that there is likely no outcome where the
value of the result exceeds the cost.
Free is exactly the right price for each step.
Fortunately, that roadblock was achieved at the first step
and further efforts are avoided.
It'll take up the same space in the attic whether it's fixed
or not. ;-)

I couldn't find one that was

I think I'll visit the TEK museum next week and see if they
have anything helpful.

NEED SERVICE MANUAL AND/OR SCHEMATIC FOR TEKTRONIX 1501 TDR
Tek wiki now has a good scan of the manual.  http://proxy.w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/1501
I would love to get one of those 1501s

thanks
JK