Need *legible* datasheet

Looking for a datasheet for an O2micro device  OZ9908BGN  This is a 32 pin DIP SMD package.

There are datasheets on-line but all of them are so low resolution that the pin callouts cannot be read.

I've tried two dozen downloads and they're always the same.  I'll even be thrilled to have the schematic of *any* LED driver (TV use them) circuit that uses this chip.

Re: Need *legible* datasheet
I suggest you call Mouser or DigiKey, or another supplier that stocks this device and ask them to scan you a high-res datasheet. Better yet, the manufacturer if they have either e-mail or a US rep.

I have found Mouser very helpful to this end.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Re: Need *legible* datasheet
I have to second this. The people who sell them want you to know EVERYTHING about them.

Re: Need *legible* datasheet
s device and ask them to scan you a high-res datasheet. Better yet, the man
ufacturer if they have either e-mail or a US rep.

Thanks guys, but neither Digi nor Mouser sell this IC.  I can get it throug
h Alibaba but they don't seem to understand much English.  I did send an em
ail to O2Micro with a datasheet request, but I have a feeling I'll be heari
ng from Ed McMahon with a million dollar check first.

Hopefully O2Micro will come though.

Re: Need *legible* datasheet
his device and ask them to scan you a high-res datasheet. Better yet, the m
anufacturer if they have either e-mail or a US rep.
ugh Alibaba but they don't seem to understand much English.  I did send an
email to O2Micro with a datasheet request, but I have a feeling I'll be hea
ring from Ed McMahon with a million dollar check first.

After posting the above, I found an email from O2Micro in my spam folder.
This is the reply:

Thank you for your interest in O2Micro solution. In order for us to provide
 you with the information requested, please kindly answer the following qua
lifying questions. (An inquiry from an end-user will generally be declined
due to our limited resource.)

1. What's your company website?
2. What's purpose of this request?
3. How do you learned of this IC?
4. What type of system is this IC going into or in?
5. Are you an OEM or ODM? If you are an OEM, who is your customer?
6. What's the project's estimated annual usage?
7. When is the estimated time-frame of mass production of this project?

I have to go.. I think I heard Ed McMahon at my front door....

Re: Need *legible* datasheet

answer to their email. you're not asking for samples, you're asking for
a readable datasheet.
you have a contact there, go on with it until they clearly refuse to
answer you.

--

Jean-Yves.

Re: Need *legible* datasheet

,

I no longer need the datasheet as I was forced to draw one up from what I c
ould determine on the board. The long story is that this is a 6 channel con
troller IC used in a Toshiba 58" LCD TV, one that (like most LED back lit L
CD TVs), has a propensity to kill LEDs in 2 to 4 thousand hours.  I do a lo
t of LED replacements but don't want them coming back in a few months for t
he same problem, particularly since the chances of something (like a bonded
 ribbon failure) going wrong increases every time the screen is taken apart
, no matter how carefully.  Setting the customer's menu control to a reason
able level doesn't work as any playing around in the menu almost invariably
 resets the back light level to 100%.  The best thing to do is to remove th
e ability of the end user to set his back light to "retina burn", so I modi
fy the circuit to reduce the back light wattage by about 30%, which still g
ives a respectable picture but should extend the life exponentially.  Since
 I've been doing this about three years, none have returned.

So I sat down and drew out the six channel pin outputs, the six channel cur
rent sense inputs, the Vcc, the ground, the PWM input, the enable input, th
e dc boost gate output, the boost current sense input, etc. until I was lef
t with a few pins that weren't so obvious.  On most circuits I raise the va
lue of the source resistors of the LED output mosfets to trick the controll
er to lower the output, but this version would shut down the back lights if
 the drive was reduced by 10%, so I had to play with the input side.

Most controller ICs are designed with both an analogue (dc) and a PWM input
 to control LED brightness, and the analogue is often not used (or used as
a baseline output) but is terminated with a resistor to ground, or fed in a
 selected dc from a res/div network.  This toshiba used a PWM input for act
ive back light control, and that can only be modified by changing the firmw
are in the TV, so I turned to the analogue input.  In this case, it was ter
minated to ground through a resistor and capacitor.  Changing the value of
that resistor got me to 30% reduction of output with no shutdown during the
 boot sequence.

As for O2 Micro, I did return the email and told them that we were an OEM b
ut were no longer interested in their product as we didn't feel comfortable
 with them if the courtesy of an emailed datasheet was a strain on their "l
imited resources".

Re: Need *legible* datasheet

negative image sometimes helps

Site Timeline