Need help using JVC remote PQ10956 to control TV

I've got a JVC remote control PQ10956G which came with a JVC HR-D720U VCR. The VCR died a few years ago and was discarded. I had programmed the remote to interact with my Toshiba TV, but the remote's batteries finally died and needed changing. I've lost the instruction manual for the old VCR and the remote lost it's programming codes when I changed batteries. I can't figure out how to program the remote to interact with my Toshiba TV. I know that I can buy an inexpensive universal remote control for less $ than the price of a replacement owner's manual for the VCR. JVC's web site is no help. Can anyone remind me of the way to program this remote to work with non-JVC TV's?

Reply to
kentpc2005