Need Code For Service Menu on Sylvania Television

Hi -

I recently purchased a cheap television for the spare bedroom. The model number for the television is SST4245. The picture is slightly tilted off center. The television is new but it is already out of warranty (90 days) and I lost the receipt.

I need to get into the service menu to adjust the geometry of the picture. I called Sylvania (Funai) customer service but they would not give me the code.

Please, can someone send me the code(s) that I need to enter on the remote to get to the service menu?

Many thanks, John

Reply to
jjgigem

I have an extra service manual available if you would like to purchase it.

Reply to
electricitym

Get the service manuel if you are actually going to attempt playing with the service menue options.<

Reply to
Art

Hi Art -

I guess that I am going to have to leave the picture tilted or go buy a new television set. I was hoping that the adjustment would be in the service menu because I did my own calibration on my Sony a few years ago. The Sony still works great. I cannot see buying a service manual for a television that costs only $100. I just won't buy another Sylvania or Funai television again.

If I buy another television, I will put the Sylvania in the garage in the box until I come across more information about Sylvania or come across a friend in AA (yes, I am in a 12-step program) that is a television technician.

Thank you for the information and for your advice.

John

Reply to
jjgigem

If the picture is just tilted, rotate the deflection yoke!!

H. R. Hofmann

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
hrhofmann

Reply to
Art

Nobody will have noticed, because your posts are so awfully formatted. FYI, on usenet, lines beginning with a ">" character are treated as quotes. Using something other than Outhouse Express makes it easier to do it right and be understood.

Tim

--
Did I really still have that sig?
Reply to

Agreed. First time I looked I passed it by.

Also helps not to top post.

That helps too.

Graham

Reply to