need bulb for Vivitar 253 flash unit

I have a Vivitar 253 flash unit, it has two problems 1. The power leads to
the battery terminals were corroded and need to be re-soldered. I can fix t
hose easy. 2. one of the leads to the bulb for the calculation dial is bust
ed right at the bulb, so I can't just re-solder that. I need a new bulb. it
s LT1 in the circuit diagram shown on this web page.  http://www.repairfaq .
org/REPAIR/F_strbfaq.html#STRBFAQ_069

Anybody have a lead on a replacement bulb? Thanks

Re: need bulb for Vivitar 253 flash unit
o the battery terminals were corroded and need to be re-soldered. I can fix
 those easy. 2. one of the leads to the bulb for the calculation dial is bu
sted right at the bulb, so I can't just re-solder that. I need a new bulb.
its LT1 in the circuit diagram shown on this web page.  http://www.repairfa
q.org/REPAIR/F_strbfaq.html#STRBFAQ_069

http://www.grote.com/family/replacement-flash-tubes/

Tried these guys?

Or:

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/flash-tube

Re: need bulb for Vivitar 253 flash unit

I need the light bulb for the indicator dial, not the flash tube.

Re: need bulb for Vivitar 253 flash unit

Ah, sorry - I believe those are common neon lamps (NE-2 or-equal).

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Site Timeline