Need a source for magnetron

I have a GE model JE2160SF-03 microwave in the shop that needs a magnetron. The tube was made by Daewoo and has part numbers RM269 and/ or 70330CD-JF on it. I did temporarily hang a known good tube in there to confirm operation however the original tube has an odd mounting arrangement so its really not possible to sub somebody else's part in there very easily. I can't find a replacement online for this. The oven is about 4 years old. I don't want to go to GE for this if I can help it. Does anyone know of a good wholesale source for microwave parts? Thanks, Lenny.

Reply to
klem kedidelhopper

Look for local appliance parts outfits, and give 'em a phone call. You'll need the info on the nameplate and/or on the schematic that's usually glued inside the case.

There are connections to service parts sources that aren't visible to random online browsers, and your local store has those connections.

Reply to
whit3rd

Using google....microwave oven parts.....selected one...entered model#....and here's the result......(this took about 40 seconds)....

Google is your friend!

Klaatu

Reply to
Klaatu

There's a pile of listings, at

(I searched for 'magnetron' and got 193 pages); you'll still be better off going to a parts store clerk, since there's interchangeability and improved-version issues that 'exact replacement' parts miss, and a catalog listing doesn't provide the kind of depth of knowledge you'd benefit from.

I'd have mentioned this outfit before, but their web site was offline when I checked it yesterday; it's up and looks good now, though.

Reply to
whit3rd