need a 2.5" speaker driver

Hi all, I discovered that a 2.5" speaker driver that i had in my speaker system had blown, and i want to replace it, but cant seem to find any around. anybody know of where i could get one?

need it to be 8Ohms 40 Watts

thanks a bunch!

Reply to
Kiran.Karra

First..What part of the Planet do you reside ?

kip

Reply to
kip

Ask on rec.audio.tech and give the make and model of the speaker in which you're replacing it. One place to look is

mc

I'd be surprised if any 2.5" speaker were worth replacing. This is the junk end of the market (unless its a tweeter). If a junk product, most electronic component companies sell miniature speakers.

If its a tweeter in a genuinely 40w system, rather than a plastic 1w rms 40wpmpo pc speaker system, you'll want to get something the same or similar, so more info needed. And again, component suppliers would be a reasonable place to start. Or if youre brave you could rewind it.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

North Carolina, USA, North America

kip wrote:

Reply to
Kiran.Karra

Hi mc, thanks for the suggestion, i didnt know rec.audio.tech existed

mc wrote:

Reply to
Kiran.Karra

Man do a search if you are in NA Iam sure many hits..

Reply to
kip